Portfolio Owners can access the Request Idea Configuration Page via the (…) dropdown from the Projects or Schedule pages.
Clicking this link will take users to the Request Ideas Page to configure the form components. The right side of the page displays the fields that will be included as part of the Idea Request Form. The left side of the page displays the fields in the Portfolio that are not included in the form. By Default, only Project Name is included in the form and is required to be included. All other Portfolio Fields are optional. Fields can be added and arranged by dragging and dropping to designate inclusion in the form as well as order of appearance on the Form.
Cost Fields are combined into a single form entity titled “Cost Table” to include and order as desired.
- When the Cost Table is added to the Request Ideas form, Portfolio Owners can specify a Time Range for where project costs should be entered. This helps Contributors know which years or months costs should be entered for.
- To apply a Time Range, select the pencil icon on the Cost Table field after it has been added to the Request Ideas Form.
- From the Edit Cost Table modal, add Instructions for Contributors to see for the Cost Table and adjust the Time Range (optional).
- Select the “Set Default” link to set a Time Range. This will create columns for each of the years or months added within the Time Range set.
- Select “Apply” and then “Done” to save the changes.
- Note: The Time Range set for the Cost Table will only impact the Cost Table in the Request Ideas form and will not impact the Cost Table within the Project Details View.
Any Description added for a Field will display as Instructions to users. These descriptions can be edited by clicking on the Edit icon of an associated Field to bring up a dialog to edit Field metadata.
Fields can be marked as required by checking the associated checkbox. Project Name will always be required at a minimum. When a field(s) is required, Contributors can leave blank while still in Draft Status, but Ideas cannot be submitted for review until all required fields are completed (ie not left blank). After submission, all Fields can be edited without required constraints.